Labels

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A New Perspective On Movies, Games, and TV series.

So you’re watching the news, and a big name movie reviewer comes on for the weekend movie reviews. You watch as they praise the direction, the subtle nuances in the writing, and the beautiful cinematography. “Wow, this movie sounds terrific!”. This thought crosses your mind several times as you look up the local theater showtimes. A few hours later you leave that theater disappointed and less wealthy to boot. The truth is, I’ve seen movies that were blasted by critics, but were wonderful. And of course the opposite is true, with the scenario I painted previously. Sometimes the critics get it right, but sometimes they don’t. Any art form is always subject to opinion, no doubt, but sometimes you just wanna watch something fun. Who cares if it doesn’t have an all-star ensemble cast, or John Williams writing the soundtrack. All that matters to the majority of people, is pure entertainment value. This is what this site is about. My reviews will be honest, but not so stuck-up that one actor makes or breaks the movie. I will give my opinions on the direction, the writing, the acting, etc; but I will also be looking at each experience as a whole, and whether or not it made my day/week/month a little better, or maybe a little worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment